Countdown

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

I Am Not Fiction, But My Stories Are.

It never fails. After a new story posts, I receive numerous emails from readers who mistake my fiction for a true story. I have learned to take it as a compliment. If I write well enough that readers think it's real, then I am doing my job as a writer.

I have to laugh at the illusion that my stories are true. What would I be if they were true? I'd be a gay male/ lesbian/ straight and bisexual female who is an artist, nurse, car salesman, slave, and secretary who works third shift and day shift. I'd have a foot fetish or not and in a serious relationship or not. And, those are only a fraction of the characters.

So, when enjoying my stories, just remember that they are fiction. Some were completely my own creation. Some were written by request from readers.

Sometimes, I get comments or email from people who are confused about why I write for so many different categories. That's easy to explain. The website that posts my stories hosts a Survivor contest every year. The goal of the Survivor contest is to write as many stories as you can in as many different categories as you can. Therefore, I try my hand at as many different categories as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment