Countdown

Friday, March 06, 2009

Celebs Are People Too

Chris, Chris, Chris. I'm sure anyone who cares already knows that Chris Brown was charged with 2 felonies stemming from the assault of Rihanna. I've seen news programs treat him like the new posterchild against domestic violence. Of course, what he did was wrong. I still can't help but feel sorry for him and all the celebrities who face public judgment for their mistakes.

Anyone who knows me well enough probably remembers when I took a stand for Vick. I'm not condoning illegal acts. But, DAMN! Can you imagine all your mistakes, breakups, and details of family drama being public domain? Contrary to popular belief, celebs are human. I certainly would not be one to cast a stone.

Some people emphasize that celebs are supposed to be role models. In the age of anorexia and pressure to be perfect, you know what? I don't mind my children having the reminder that people aren't perfect. God forbid that my children should learn that celebs aren't perfect and everyone must pay the consequences for their actions. What a detrimental lesson that is!

Okay, I'll drop the sarcasm. Truth is, I have a special appreciation for celebs. As an artist of a different kind, I admire the tenacity and passion that got them where they are. I appreciate people who share their talent with the world, whether they are celebrities, artists, or writers.

No comments:

Post a Comment