Countdown

Saturday, June 02, 2007

Home Improvement Time

If you are a home owner, like myself, what time isn't home improvement time. Am I right? It seems like there is always something demanding my attention. Of course, as a Realtor, I chose this house for a reason. I bought this house three years ago for $47K. The house needed a lot of work, but has a lot of potential. Houses in this neighborhood are now selling for $70K.
Now, here is where the work comes in..
I already put in a new furnace, got new appliances, and did some interior painting. The house still has a long way to go! The kitchen is a disaster area! Being that the kitchen is tiny, approximately 8'x8', it does not make sense to invest a couple thousand dollars into a total remodel job in that tiny space.
Instead, I am converting the dining room into an eat-in kitchen. The house has two living rooms, so after I sell this house, the new owners could use one as a dining room if they so desired. The old kitchen will be converted to a 1st floor laundry room.
Other home improvement jobs that are demanding my attention: the downstairs bathroom needs a major overhaul.. new tile floor, new sink. the foyer is currently without walls LOL The old plaster has been removed, and it is being prepped for new panelling. The upstairs bathroom is in fairly good condition. I bought the paint for it.. a new sink and mirror would be excellent.
Today's task: landscaping! As a single, working mom, I resent having to take time to mow the grass. I have a small yard, typical for this neighborhood. I am getting rid of most of the grass. This is a local landscaping trend. More patio, rock garden, fountains, raised flowerbeds, and other relatively maintenance-free accents.. less grass!
Wish me luck! It's going to be hard work, but I look forward to the end result.








No comments:

Post a Comment